Location: Raffles City, SingaporeCuisine: Japanese
Hours: DAILY (11:30am-10pm)
Phone: (+65) 6336 5363
Prices: $10/person
Credit Cards: All major
Food: 7
Service: 8
Value: 7
Environment: 7
Frequency: Unique
Wing dropped me off at the hotel around 11:30am after our Chinatown breakfast. I already had everything packed, so I just quickly changed into my airport clothes because we had to checkout by noon. Our flight was at 5:45pm, so with the 3-hour rule, we had to leave at around 2:45pm. That still gave us time to eat lunch and shop around the area. The hotel had a storage area for baggage, so we were able to leave it there while we went around. This was the one day with good weather, so it was a bit hotter than the previous 3 days... and we were all wearing long pants in preparation for the flight!
Everyone was already familiar with Bugis Junction, so we headed over to Raffles City instead. Ifore, Jiselle and Jerick hadn't really shopped around there yet. And I went through very quickly the other day, just looking for the watch. There was a nice Singaporean restaurant with many local dishes, but the place was packed with a long line. So we went for Osaka Town instead, a Japenese ramen restaurant with some Singaporean influence. One of the things they were advertising was Okonomiyaki, or "okos," which are combination noodle dishes. Ordering more entrees than people was tempting because the okos looked small in the menu, but once they were brought out, we were glad we didn't get anything extra. They were pretty big bowls! The food was good and unique, but didn't blow me away. I guess I was spoiled by the Newton and Dempsey meals!
No comments:
Post a Comment