Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bugis-Raffles Shopping

After lunch, the rest of the group headed over to Orchard/Somerset for shopping. I spoke with Emily earlier in the morning over MagicJack and she mentioned that she was looking for a certain old Casio watch that was cheaper in Singapore. Based on my memory of the first day, I knew we passed by several watch stores in Bugis Junction and Iluma. So I headed there to quickly retrace my steps from Day 1. There was no luck in either, so I went over to Raffles City and an underground mall called City Link. Out of all of those, I only found 2 places with a similar, but not exact model. It turned out to be a new model based on the classic Emily was looking for.


It started getting close to the end of the work day, so I had to get back to the hotel to call Wing and Laura. I headed back to the hotel and decided to make a quick stop to this hidden shopping area right across the street from Victoria Hotel. I found 2 places that had the watch. The US price is $40, so I was looking for something from $20-30 US. The first store I came across had it at $55 SG and only willing to go down to $50 ($39.53 US). The second place had it at $50 and after a lot of talking offered me $35 ($27.67). That was the true value because they let me walk away from it. I went back after a few minutes to get it.

Another achievement completed! Shopping normally bores me unless I have a goal.

No comments: