
Dining
EN - Enchantment had much better food in both the buffet and the restaurant. QM2 still had good food as far as quality, but their dishes weren't as exotic. Enchantment incorporated a lot of Caribbean and South American flavor.
Entertainment
QM - QM2 wins this category by a long shot. Naturally the sheer size of the ship allows it to offer a lot of venues at once. Enchantment wasn't really that much smaller, but it lacked on variety of entertainment. They basically had 2 shows per day and very little conflicting activities. On QM2 I had a hard time deciding my daily itinerary because there was so much to do. The theater always had something going on as did the planetarium. There were also a variety of classes ranging from oceanography to hands-on art. QM2 is a bit larger, but they had a lot more to do.
Design
TIE - This category is purely taste. QM2 has more of a classic cruise ship look, but in a gigantic scale. Enchantment has a modern style, resembling space ship. Personally, I liked the exterior design of Enchantment better. The pool area looked amazing. QM2 had the better interior though. It looked like the spent a lot of time designing every little alcove. On Enchantment, all of the design seemed to go into the Centrum area.
Fitness
QM - The only thing Enchantment had that QM2 was missing was the rock climbing wall that's on every Royal Caribbean ship. QM2 had the larger gym with more equipment, more special classes (more than a complete day's worth) and a better track. Enchantment's track because unusable at times because it was too narrow. During the day, people would sunbathe on the track... too much traffic.
Service
QM - Service is generally good on every cruise ship, but I would have to give the slight edge to QM2. There was a more personal feel from the staff that served us.
Cabins
QM - Cabins shouldn't really weigh in that much when choosing a cruise, because if a voyage is good enough, you won't be spending much time there, but it's still a category to compare. QM2 was more modern and slightly more spacious. The beds were also more comfortable. On Enchantment, we weren't among the lucky ones to get one of the renovated cabins in the middle 70ft portion of the ship. The cabins were basic and sorely dated.
So overall, I thought Queen Mary 2 was the better experience. I was constantly busy and had way too much to do. There were times on Enchantment of the Seas when I felt like I had too much down time.
No comments:
Post a Comment