Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cozumel

Since the Cozumel disembarkation was scheduled for 10am, I was able to go back to my regular gym schedule. There weren't really a lot of people in there, but it was still full because of the small square footage. I was also able to try out the track. They didn't post how many laps was equivalent to 1 mile, but I figured it was around 4. The QM2 track was 3 laps to 1.3 miles. On this ship, the track didn't go around the entire circumference of the ship and also, the ship was shorter. Early in the morning is the only good time to jog because the track was also pretty narrow. During the day, it's filled with people getting tans and wandering aimlessly.

After working out, I met up with the others at Windjammer for breakfast. We were able to take our time because the ship was a little behind schedule docking at the port. We planned on taking a tour of the Mayan ruins because it was the one thing that was not related to shopping or eating.


Once docked, we all met up at the gangway and went through the port shops quickly so we could find a tour bus with room for 12. My dad found a large van with more than enough room and a reasonable price, who would take us around to a few scenic spots, the Mayan ruins and lunch at Club Cozumel Caribe. For more information on all of these activities, visit the Picasa album.

No comments: