Monday, June 8, 2009

Enchanting Weather

A couple of days before this trip, I was trying to decide what to pack. One of the things I was undecided about was the footwear. I had a pair of Pumas that I usually bring on vacations, but was hesitant this time because the forecast was showers & thunderstorms for the entire trip... in all 3 locations! My Pumas have never touched rain before. I figured I already had them for years and it's a special occasion, so I decided to bring them. My other pair of shoes wouldn't have been good enough for the gym and track.

Guess what? No rain for the entire trip! We arrived in Florida to nice sunny weather. Key West was perfect... not a cloud in sight. Supposedly it started raining after the ship left. When we got to Cozumel, the weather still held up. At about 1pm, the sky started filling with clouds, but nothing came down and the sun came back. The day at sea also did not see a drop of rain. It was supposed to rain also on the day I returned to New York. It did, but stopped long enough for the plane to land and for me to get home. Then we had that massive thunderstorm overnight. So my Pumas are still perfect! It makes me wonder... did we get lucky or was it the shoes that magically killed the rain?

No comments: