Monday, June 1, 2009

Packing for Enchantment

With just 3 more days until my family cruise to Key West & Cozumel, I started putting aside what I plan to bring early. It's a short 4-night cruise, but hard to pack for. I'm trying to think of the different activities I might be doing and balancing that with the latest luggage restrictions. It's going to be hot, so at least most of the clothing will be light. Here's what I have so far:

- netbook for blogging & offloading digital photos
- digital camera, 8 GB SD, charger & case
- iPod for the plane ride & gym
- prescription swimming goggles
- 1 pair of dress pants for dinner
- *1 pair of jeans for other cruise activities & flights
- 2 pairs of shorts (1 for gym, 1 for port stops)
- 1 pair of swimming trunks
- 7 pairs of socks (1 for each day, 2 for emergency)
- 6 boxers (1 for each day, 1 for emergency)
- 1 dress shirt & tie for dinner
- 5 T-shirts for various use... it's more than the number of days because some of these will be used for mornings at the gym
- *1 belt that goes with everything
- dress shoes for dinner
- *Pumas for jogging & port stops
- armband for cellphone, but can also be used w/ iPod while jogging
- 1 small pouch of personal hygiene products
- light leather jacket for the flights... and because it's my favorite
*Will be wearing these items

All of these items cover the various activities like swimming, jogging, rock climbing, dining etc. They also fit into a laptop bag and medium sized carry-on luggage with some room to spare. A lot of the space was saved with the 10" netbook. Before getting that, I used to lug around a 15" laptop that weighed about 7 lbs! Since the netbook is so small (like a hardcover novel), it can easily be carried around, which also eliminates the small travel journal I usually bring around. I used to make notes for blogs on paper, but now I can go directly to computer.

No comments: