Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Day in Queens

It's a little non-traditional, but whenever we have a lot of family members visiting from my mother's side, we end up spending more time in Queens than Manhattan. Today's schedule consisted of dim sum at Gala Manor (all ratings are the same as before), a visit to the US Open, shopping at Queens Center in Elmhurst, snack at Lucia Pizza and dinner at Tung Yi Fung.

After dim sum, Ifore, Edwin and I headed to Arthur Ashe. Even though the US Open wasn't in session, the tennis shop was open for business. Edwin went there last year and got some items from the previous year. He was looking to do the same as well as searching for autographed items by Roger Federer who just won the French Open for the first time and tied Pete Sampras with most majors in history. The store just carried a few leftover items from 2008 and no high-end autographed items (he ended up ordering Online afterwards).


We still had the whole afternoon, so we headed off to Queens Center so Edwin could get some gifts at H&M. It was actually the first time I walked around the renovated mall.

When we got back to Flushing, we went to Lucia's Pizza. It's a stop Ifore has to make each time he visits NY. I'll write up a full review of this place in a separate post. Then we headed off to Old Navy, which had a 50% sale on all men's items! I rarely shop for clothes, but found a lot of $4.25 t-shirts I wanted. I ended up getting 6.

Finally, we went back to my dad's office to meet up with the rest of the family and to wait for Uncle Henry to arrive. Earlier in the day, I was telling Ifore that while he was here, we would probably eat at Tung Yi Fung at least once. I had no idea we were going to end up there tonight for dinner!

Related: US Open, Queens Center Mall

No comments: