Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Toro

Location: Hard Rock Hotel, Punta Cana, Dom. Rep.
Cuisine: Buffet (breakfast & lunch), Steak (dinner)
Prices: n/a (all inclusive)
Credit Cards: n/a (all inclusive)

Food: 8
Service: 10
Value: n/a
Environment: 10

Frequency: Uncommon

Toro is supposed to be Hard Rock's top restaurant with it being a steakhouse. It probably had the best decor and service compared to all of the others. I gave it rare 10's for both. Other than Zen, it was the only other one that required reservations.


We first went there as a group on 5/10. Most of us enjoyed the food, but a few who ordered the well done steaks thought it was too dry. That's the main reason I never order well done from a steakhouse. My medium cooked top sirloin turned out just right. For our last dinner of the trip (tonight), Ifore, Jiselle and I came back while the rest of the group took a chance on "Asian Night" at Zen.

The portion sizes varied depending on what was ordered. The beef tenderloin I had the second night was about half the size of the top sirloin. Both were pretty good though. Ifore's rib eye was thin, but juicy. Service and environment were consistently great after 2 nights there. I gave the food an 8 because it wasn't as good as the NY steakhouses, but a step up from diners and non-steakhouse restaurants.

At the end of the last night, it turned out that we made the right choice of eating at Toro. The others didn't enjoy their Chinese meal at Zen, solidifying my rule of no Chinese outside of NY and China!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think HK, S'pore and M'sia has the best (and cheapest)Chinese food! Oh London Chinatown is not bad.