Sunday, May 8, 2011

Rock Spa II

Our first day at Rock Spa was actually an included treatment, so we hadn't use up any credits yet. So we scheduled more spa sessions today. I had a 50 min massage (it was a 30 min one last time) that was a lot better. I walked out feeling it did something. This time around, we also checked out the post-treatment services... steam room, jacuzzi and sauna. I probably spent a total of 2 hours in the underground world. The whole spa experience felt like an alien abduction. Once you change in the locker room, you're placed in a waiting area with an oversized tea bag around your neck. The whole time, you're surrounded by flowing water, dimmed lights and metal orbs (like a generic alien mothership). The spa staff are dressed in identical, plain outfits and are super nice (like in V). Before the massage, they make you take 3 deep breaths of some oil that smells like every other liquid in Hard Rock Hotel. Maybe that was a point where we were unknowingly knocked out and placed under alien control!

Even if it was an alien abduction, I felt very refreshed this time even if we did things out of order. Normally, one should eat light, then workout early in the morning. Then get the spa treatment for relaxation and breakfast last for replenishment. But because of scheduling, we did breakfast first, then the spa and then the gym.

No comments: