Breakfast @ Caffeto
My parents, aunts and uncles went to a presentation at 9am that included breakfast at Ciao, so I went off on my own to explore Caffeto next door. It was different that our previous breakfast because it was not buffet style. They had more specialty items and of course, controlled portions! I'll cover this place in an upcoming post.
Lunch & Swimming
After breakfast, I walked around for a bit, taking general pictures of the resort. I'll post those in their own album at the end of the trip because I'll be collecting a little each day. To get more of a workout, I headed back to the room to drop stuff off, then ran to the gym. For lunch, all 9 of us met up again at Ciao. That became our regular eating place during the day. After lunch, I went to the beach with Ifore & Jiselle to one of the swimming pools for the first time this trip. Swimming was actually one of the things I had trouble finding time in the schedule for even though I wanted to do it every day. There are many pools in Hard Rock Hotel... more than one by every building and enough to create a comfortable crowd even for the number of guests checked into the hotel. The pools with a built-in bar tended to be a little more crowded and with dirtier water. So we went for a less trafficked one. Besides the 3 of us, there was only one other group inside. After swimming around for a bit, we hopped pools and I tried out one of the poolside food stands where I ordered a jalapeno & cheese hot dog w/ fries. I was surprised at how good it was after the disappointing burger at La Isla. The fries were also especially good and consistent across all restaurants. They're fried to the perfect level of crispiness and there must be something about the potatoes in DR.
Dinner @ Ipanema
For dinner, we all met up at Ipanema, a Brazilian style dinner place. I'll go in depth with this one later as well.
Sports Bar
We all rested a little bit and then headed out to the sports bar at about 10pm because they were showing the Pacquiao vs. Mosley fight. We stayed there pretty late because the fight went this distance even though it was terribly one-sided... typical of most of Pacquiao's recent bouts.
A Typical Day
This day represents my daily routine if nothing special was scheduled... breakfast, gym, lunch, beach/pool/run, dinner and sports bar for TV (basketball, baseball and/or boxing). If I lived on the resort, that would be my schedule each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment