Saturday, May 17, 2008

9th Avenue Food Festival

I could've sworn that I checked the schedule a few months back and saw that the food festival was going to be on May 24 & 25... the weekend of our cruise. Fortunately, my coworker, Frank told me it was this weekend. The timing was perfect because it gave me a nice cultural event I could take my out-of-town cousins to. And today, they had to be back in Queens by 3pm for a wedding. So the length of the event fit the schedule just right. We got there around 11:30pm and walked around until about 1pm, trying various foods.


Be sure to click on the slideshow to access the Picasa Web album as I have written comments for individual photos.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

i was there too but around 4pm

Kerwin said...

How were the crowds at 4pm? For the past few years, I would drop by this event around 11 and the crowds were comfortable. It was pretty much the same this time around. The streets really filled up around 12:30. I should've taken a picture for comparison. 9th Avenue was covered by a blanket of people.