Location: Queen Mary 2 (stern)Cuisine: International
Phone: (800) 7-CUNARD
Website: www.cunard.com
Prices: included w/ cruise
Food:
American: 9
Chinese: 5
Japanese: n/a
Italian: 4
Desserts: 8
Drinks: 6
Service: 8
Value: 5
Environment: 9
Frequency: Common
King's Court was probably the one place we visited the most on the ship. We would go here for some meals, second meals and snacks. Located right by the Canyon Ranch Spa, it would also be a refueling station after workouts. The food wasn't anything spectacular, but they just had a lot of the basic items that were good. After going here so many times, I noticed the pattern and adjusted my visits. The food during normal meal hours (noon & 6pm) wasn't as good. The kitchen would try to make fancy stuff, but most of it didn't taste that good. They would try to get exotic and make Asian dishes. I'm probably a tough critic since I'm spoiled with living in NYC. During the off-hours (3pm & 11pm), they would go back to the basics (salad, burgers, hot dogs, pizza, etc.) and it would be great.
The service was pretty good. The staff would work almost around the clock and were constantly cleaning the place and clearing tables. Despite being a general dining area, being open almost all the time and taking up over half the length of the ship, King's Court was always very presentable.
Burgers & Ice Cream
"Burgers & Ice Cream" was the name I gave to our late night supper because that's what I would go for. I would ask everyone, "who wants burgers & ice cream @ 11?" None of us were really full, but this meal had to do with... "we already paid a boatload for this cruise and have to eat our money's worth." I4 had no intention of going for a late night burger, but went for them when he saw me enjoying mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment