Friday, May 23, 2008

A Day @ Sea

Almost the whole group got together for lunch at King's Court. It was a lot more comfortable than yesterday. We at at about 12:30pm and it wasn't even crowded. All 15 of us were able to sit together. The food was also a lot better today, but I still kept it to a minimum because I knew we'd be eating again soon. I did a little more exploring of the dining area this time around, walking towards the stern of the ship. The rear area of King's Court was called Chef's Gallery, which offered grilled foods and custom deli sandwiches. Unfortunately, I waited almost 15 minutes for an OK swiss cheese burger & fries.


Even though my body was already aching from the cardiobox class, I was worried about the amount of food I was eating and made myself go for a swim after digestion. The pool was small, but there weren't that many people in it. Originally, I thought the outdoors would be cold on a trip to Halifax, but the direct sunlight brought temperatures up pretty high. The hour of swimming wasn't enough for me because we had a small 2nd lunch afterwards, so I went for a 1-mile jog after a bunch of us went shopping. The "track" on Deck 7 wasn't totally obstacle free as there were slow-moving people to dodge and high winds for resistance. I could've gone with the treadmill, but I just wanted to get outside and enjoy a rare jog surrounded by the sea.

Before dinner, Emily & I went for a workout at the gym... the 4th workout of the day for me! We had dinner at King's Court tonight, skipping out on the formal dinner. I think a few of us were shyed away by last night's disappointing dinner.

No comments: