Sunday, May 25, 2008

Enemy Territory

I got up early to head to the gym again. No one else made it this time. According to Edwin's rules (he's a pro body builder), I should only be working out 4x a week, but I'll start following that after the cruise. My legs are still killing me from the the jogging and cardiobox class, but I was trying to keep weight gain to a minimum while enjoying all the food.


Queen Mary 2 docked in Boston at about 8am, but there were some slight delays. The port had some problems getting the gangway setup. There were also reports of traffic jams on the way to the city. So instead of waiting on long lines, we decided to have a relaxing breakfast first. When we finally got past immigration and made it outdoors, Emily, Edwin, I4 & I split away from the rest of the group so that we could head out more quickly. The aunts & uncles were all standing around deciding what to do. Both groups ended up going to the Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall first. A bunch of them went shopping at Crocs for the longest time because those clown shoes are nearly twice the price in Philippines. Emily & I caught up on email with the free city wi-fi.

We all met up for lunch at Paddy O's, which I will cover in a separate post as a full review. Then we split up again. Uncle Mike's family went for the major sites in the area. Us cousins headed off to the New England Aquarium. Everyone else went shopping and then back to the ship. The aquarium was kind of disappointing to me. It seems like it's a big deal in the city. It was crowded and the line was long, but there was nothing spectacular inside. Just about every other aquarium I've been to was better than this one. Also, they had no mammals other than the seals on the outside.

Even though we weren't hungry, we made it a point to get some New England clam chowder (chowda) while we were there. So we headed back to Quincy and got some at a stand in the food court. I4 & Edwin went around a few more shops. Emily did some more work on the Internet and I checked out the Cheers restaurant/replica.

Be sure to click on the slideshow to access the Picasa Web album as I have written comments for individual photos.

Related: Cheers: Boston, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, New England Aquarium, Paddy O's

No comments: