Cuisine: Chinese, Vegetarian
Hours: DAILY (11am-10pm)
Phone: (718) 358-0079
Website: www.happybuddha.com
Prices: $10/person (Lunch)
Credit Cards: Cash only
Food: 7
Service: 8
Value: 7
Environment: 9
Frequency: All the Time
I had the day off today, so I spent most of the time catching up with Lewis who had been in Taiwan for 2 months. We ended up at Happy Buddha because it's the only Downtown Flushing restaurant Lewis can eat at, being a strict vegetarian. All ratings are still the same as my review from last year. I just changed the price for lunchtime. I don't think I ever ate there for lunch on a weekday because I thought the "Lunch Specials" section was new on the menu. Lewis had already tried all of them.

Many of the lunch specials looked good, but I wanted one of the fake meat items, so I picked the string beans w/ "pork ribs." It tasted pretty close to real meat as they simulated that red roast pork flavor. All lunch specials come with soup and rice. They have a brown rice option at no extra charge.
The overall service was good, but fluctuates depending on who serves you. We were served by a friendly waiter and the owner came to check on us a few times as well. Both were very polite. The woman at the front desk didn't seem as friendly. It took a bit too long to get us seated in an almost empty restaurant. She also didn't want to help a woman who walked in as we left also.
No comments:
Post a Comment