I thought the Tim Tam Slams were a nice original snack and decided to try some variations. Some other things I've tried instead of hot chocolate were a Taiwanese multigrain drink and black coffee. I thought the original was too much of a chocolate rush, so replacing the hot cocoa with something else was natural. Both the multigrain drink and coffee are normally snack items that one would drink with a chocolate pastry, so they still went well together. Both drinks were also thin enough to get sucked through the Tim Tam. As with the cocoa, the drink must be very hot because the temperature will drop as soon as the first Tim Tam is dipped in. It must stay hot in order for the liquid to melt through the spongy middle.
Something else I tried was replacing the Tim Tam instead of the hot chocolate. I figured it should somewhat work with a Kit Kat. It doesn't have a fast melting spongy layer, but the wafers in the middle should act like a straw. Sure enough, it worked on my first try, but doesn't with every piece. There's also no collapsing effect. So we can't really call it a Kit Kat Slam.
No comments:
Post a Comment