Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Magic Umbrella

We've been getting a lot of thunderstorms over the past week or so. Some of them have lasted only a few minutes, letting a little bit of sun out before the next one poured it on. The forecast for today was all thunderstorms and I actually spent a good deal of time outside, yet I never had to open my umbrella once! I went for a walk during lunch to grab an updated Satay (Malaysian restaurant near my office) menu during lunch. At the end of the day, I picked up dinner from there. The trip to Andrew & Joanne's apartment required an outdoor transfer from the PATH to the A train at West 4th. Then there was the walk to Seaman Ave. Then there was the trip home where I got off at Columbus Circle for a 7-street walk home.

For details of our get together, please visit the album below. I continued that story on the photo comments in Picasa.


It poured heavily (2-3 different storms) right after I got to Satay to get dinner. After my order was ready, the sun shining bright. It poured on again right after I made it into Andrew & Joanne's. I've been pretty lucky dodging the rain for the past month. Whenever I have my umbrella with me, I never get a chance to use it. This dates all the way back to the cruise in June!

No comments: