Story: 9Action: 9
Acting: 7
FX: 9
Durability: 7
Special Features: 7
Blu-ray: 9
I got this movie on sale last week at Best Buy. I actually missed the circular for the week and happened to see it on sale while shopping with Ifore. I figured it was worth it for $15. Patriot was a movie I liked a lot despite the genre. I normally don't like period pieces that take place after Medieval Times, but it had a great story and felt like Braveheart with guns! The Blu-ray version was also the extended cut which I had never seen before.
On July 4th, we got home for dinner and just ate in the house. We had no other plans, so I thought it would be appropriate to watch Patriot since it was a story about the American Revolution. It turned out to be a great translation to 1080p. All of the colors looked great and the detail really came out in the wide angle war scenes. Something that one wouldn't expect from a movie like this was the sound design. I didn't get much out of the extended scenes because I'm not as familiar with this movie... couldn't tell where they were inserted.
No comments:
Post a Comment