Sunday, June 29, 2008

Takhisis 2.6 (Part 2)

The New

Now that I covered my old system, this post will handle the "new" one. I found a cheap off-lease IBM ThinkCentre at PC Exchange. I didn't mind that it was used because it was rated an "A," which means it only has minor scratches. I also use a couple of IBMs at work and know that these systems are very durable.

The ThinkCentre came with a 2.6 Ghz CPU, 1 GB RAM, 40 GB SATA hard drive and DVD burner all in a small form factor case. Almost everything was integrated into the motherboard already... ethernet, VGA and 8 USB 2.0 ports. There are 2 PCI slots free, so the small form factor limits the number of cards I can transfer over. IBM did a great job with the design too. Everything is easy to swap in and out and the architecture is pretty well organized. The case opens with the push of a button (2 actually).

No comments: