Original Dates: Fall 1985 - Summer 1986
At work today, I made a minor fix to one of our Tallinn, Estonia Destination pages. Many people haven't heard of this place before, but I clearly remember learning a bit about it while I was in the 5th grade, sitting by the window in Mr. Magi's class. The 6'4" version of Roger Moore who always wore a vest and bow tie was from Estonia. He mentioned it one day during a lesson about ancestry. I'm pretty sure he only mentioned it once, but it was easy to remember because no one had ever heard of it.
The destination of Estonia came up again during 8th grade social studies with Mr. Davy. He gave us bonus questions based on current events each morning. One day, the answer was Estonia and I was the only student to get it right. Because I wasn't really a good student at the time, I'm sure many classmates thought I cheated on that one and wrote it down after Mr. Davy revealed the answer.
No comments:
Post a Comment