Ryan and I were talking about cars like we always do. Since it's his line of work, he changes cars nearly every year. We both agreed that we would always prefer to go with used cars rather than new ones. New cars are nice, but changing a simple engine part would void the warranty. There's also a tendency to "baby" a brand new car. There's just more freedom with an old one. You can change parts, cut up pieces and drive more relaxed without the guilt of ruining something new.
I sort of feel the same way about computers... well, desktops anyway. They're very similar to cars. We customize them and try to make them perform faster. I have a lot more fun when I start building from on older system. The parts are cheap and I don't mind hacking up the chassis to fit custom parts in.
No comments:
Post a Comment