A bunch of friends and family have been following this blog and a few people asked why I don't have any posts about baseball or basketball. That's a fair question because much of my life revolves around the New York Yankees and Chicago Bulls schedules. I watch nearly every game and I love both teams. One reason is because there are already many sports blogs out there. If I write about the game, chances are, someone else already wrote the same thing. The other reason is because I don't want this to be a sports blog. If I started writing about the games, the number of posts would easily overshadow the rest of the content. I would definitely be overcommitted if I wrote about each game. I really only have time to post 2-3 items per week. The concentration of this blog is travel, Queens restaurants, DVDs and stories from the past.
Somewhat related: I also keep reviews of Manhattan restaurants to a minimum because they're already covered in guidebooks and on major sites. I want to promote Queens because it's a center of culture and has some great restaurants that many people don't know about.
No comments:
Post a Comment