Friday, March 28, 2008

Red Mango

Location: 136-53 Roosevelt Ave., Flushing, NY
Cuisine: Korean, Dessert
Hours: 10am-10pm
Phone: (718) 886-1916
Website: www.redmangousa.com
Prices: About $5 per person
Credit Cards: All major

Food: 9
Service: 8
Value: 8
Environment: 7

Frequency: Unique

After the post-rehearsal dinner, I was able to get most of the cousins to hang out at Red Mango for some Korean frozen yogurt. This is a store that opened a couple of months ago and I pass by it all the time. I thought nothing of it until I read Lisa's post. It came at the right time too because it gave me a nice place to take my family.



The procedure is pretty straight forward. You choose a cup size, then pick either regular or green tea flavor. And then add whatever toppings you want. The staff was friendly and helpful. Since it was our first time there, all six of us probably looked a little confused and overwhelmed with the topping choices (most of which are healthy). The frozen yogurt tasted great. Each of us ordered a variety of combinations and everyone seemed to enjoy their creations. Emily had Pinkberry before and gave it a thumbs down. I'll have to try that myself one day just for comparison. It's actually just a few stores down.

The space itself is surprisingly clean given the amount of traffic that goes through Roosevelt Ave. each day. It has a nice modern, artsy look and feel. It's lit by slightly dimmed halogens that look great on the red walls.

Be sure to click on the slideshow to access the Picasa Web album as I have written comments for individual photos.

No comments: