Location: 38-04 Prince St., Flushing, NY 11354Cuisine: Thai
Hours: DAILY (Lunch & Dinner)
Phone: (718) 353-1888
Prices: $15/person
Credit Cards: All major
Food: 7
Service: 8
Value: 9
Environment: 7
Frequency: Unique
Holiday vacation officially began for me today. With Christmas on a Sunday, the office gave us Friday 12/23 off. I wasn't able to coordinate a group meal with the rest of the gang, but Ben also had the day off and no lunch plans. So the food fest continued today at Green Papaya, another Flushing Thai restaurant that we could compare to Excellent Thai.

There were a lot of good appetizers, so the right choice for a 2 person meal was the sampler, which had 2 of everything from fish cakes to satay sticks. The most interesting was the tuxedo shrimp (detail next to restaurant info.). It's a fried shrimp wrapped like a Shanghai eggroll and shaped like the inner part of a tuxedo.

For my main course, I picked my Thai restaurant benchmark... curry beef stew. The meat at Green Papaya was tender and not overly chewy. The dish felt more like a curry soup than stew as it was too watered down. Instead of putting the curry sauce over my rice, I ended up dumping rice into the soup bowl. Overall, it tasted good still and was a descent size for one person.
I didn't check out the restrooms, but the restuarant itself was pretty clean and the environment was confortable. Service was good as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment