Saturday, January 2, 2010

Family Guy: Something Something Something Dark Side (Blu-ray)

Action: 6
Acting: 7
FX: 8
Durability: 7
Special Features: 6
Blu-ray: 1

Since getting the PS3, I've been considering the Blu-ray version of all upcoming movies now. I was undecided about Family Guy: Something Something Something Dark Side though because Family Guy is a low quality cartoon. I went for the Blu-ray anyway, thinking that they must've done the movie in hi-res because it was a straight to video release. It turned out to be a mistake though. While the menu was 16:9, the movie was in the old aspect ratio. It's not really true 1080p either... just a video stretched to that resolution. The movie is enjoyable and funny, but not worth paying extra for the Blu-ray format. This is a must for any Family Guy fan, but I would encourage you to just get the DVD format. There are just some movies that won't make a difference at hi-res and this is one of them.

No comments: