This event has been growing in popularity. It's gotten more crowded each year and it was apparent that the MTA wasn't prepared for the volume. The wait for the bus was a lot longer than before and the lake area was packed. I first walked through the team tent area, taking pictures of some of the logos, but my first stop was the festival area. I did the usual routine of getting dumplings from Chef One and then checked out all of the display tents to see if there was anything new. I didn't get on any of the freebie lines because all of the prizes weren't worth the wait time. I then went over to the race area to shoot some videos (coming soon!) of a couple races.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Dragonboat 2009
I followed almost the same routine this year for the Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival, arriving in the morning so I could explore by myself and get enough pictures for a complete overview of the event. This time, the weather was perfect... a sunny day and not that hot.
This event has been growing in popularity. It's gotten more crowded each year and it was apparent that the MTA wasn't prepared for the volume. The wait for the bus was a lot longer than before and the lake area was packed. I first walked through the team tent area, taking pictures of some of the logos, but my first stop was the festival area. I did the usual routine of getting dumplings from Chef One and then checked out all of the display tents to see if there was anything new. I didn't get on any of the freebie lines because all of the prizes weren't worth the wait time. I then went over to the race area to shoot some videos (coming soon!) of a couple races.
This event has been growing in popularity. It's gotten more crowded each year and it was apparent that the MTA wasn't prepared for the volume. The wait for the bus was a lot longer than before and the lake area was packed. I first walked through the team tent area, taking pictures of some of the logos, but my first stop was the festival area. I did the usual routine of getting dumplings from Chef One and then checked out all of the display tents to see if there was anything new. I didn't get on any of the freebie lines because all of the prizes weren't worth the wait time. I then went over to the race area to shoot some videos (coming soon!) of a couple races.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I arrived at the festival and joined Kerwin at approximately 1:45pm on Saturday. Since the beautiful day produced a huge turnout, it was difficult to squeeze through the mass. Because the freebie lines were long and the giveaways were laughable, we decided not to stand on any line.
I did sample Chef One/Yeo organic dumplings; they were tasty and reasonably priced. Kerwin and I walked around the grounds for awhile and decided to leave for Main Street shortly.
I would definitely want to return to the event earlier in the day next year to fully enjoy the festivities and maybe stand on the shorter freebie lines.
Post a Comment