Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dinner @ the Yeo's

I paced myself just right, eating only dumplings at the Dragon Boat Festival for lunch since I knew we would be having a home-cooked dinner at the Yeo's. I always end up eating a lot there, so I made sure both breakfast and lunch were light.

I met up with Auntie Janice at about 1:30pm. We walked around and watched a couple more races before heading back to Main St. We then went to my parents' house to rest for a little bit before dinner. As usual, my dad and I had the Yankees game on. It's the ever important series against the Red Sox this weekend. We headed out at 5:45... I went straight to the Yeo's while the rest went to pick up Emily at Main St.

The sky was starting to get pretty cloudy and it looked as if we were going to get a surprise storm, but things held up pretty well. When we arrived, Uncle Bock was in the backyard with chips and dip set up. So we had some nice scenery and a cool breeze to start things out.

Click here to continue reading in the Picasa album.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is the first time I was invited to Kim and Bock’s for dinner.

We started with cocktails and soft drinks in their backyard, where it provided a great view to their enchanting and magnificent garden. When our hostess/Chef Kim announced dinner is served, we were all set to go. The variety of Malaysian cuisine was beautiful display on the table and the feast was incredibly scrumptious. Of course, there were desserts to follow. (I was lucky enough to come home with doggy bags.)

Kim gave me a tour of her home and I was enchanted over the décor of the rooms. I especially loved her art studio and classroom located on the lower level. The layout was so neat and well -organized, just like the rest of her house.

I want to thank Kim and Bock’s for an enjoyable and well coordinated evening.