Story: 9Action: 10
Acting: 7
FX: 10
Durability: 10
Special Features: 8
Blu-ray: 10
Transformers is one of my favorite recent movies and the price was right on Amazon. It was long awaited for many fans of the original back in the 80's, but 2007 was probably the right time for a live action movie. The technology was finally good enough to make believable giant robots that can transform into everyday vehicles. The transforms were well-calculate and physically possible. There were no morphs, disappearing parts or magical resizing. The models also interacted well with the human actors. They had weight and perfect lighting.
Based on picture quality, Transformers is probably the best Blu-ray title I have. It really benefits from the 1080p resolution because the 3-D models for the robots were created in such detail. The small alien characters engraved into some of the metal parts looked much clearer. I also noticed that when the Transformers spoke, there was a thin electrical wave inside their mouths... something I didn't see in the DVD version. The special fx were already mind-blowing on DVD and the Blu-ray takes it even further. Whenever friends ask me about Blu-ray, this is the movie I'm going to use to demonstrate the quality.
No comments:
Post a Comment