Story: 9Action: 10
Acting: 8
FX: 10
Durability: 10
Special Features: 8
Blu-ray: 7
Stargate has always been one of my favorite movies and I've owned the director's cut all the way back since 1995 on VHS! I never get tired of watching it. The special FX from this 1994 movie still hold up compared to today's. I picked up the Blu-ray version because I was just surfing through Amazon, checking out my favorite classics. Stargate was only $9.99 for the director's cut... cheaper than the DVD! So there was nothing to lose.
The translation to Blu-ray was pretty good. All of the effects looked great at the higher resolution. The details of Egyptian art were very clear in every scene. The wide shots of the Abydos villager really showed extra detail as well. Some of the dark scenes got a little grainy though. It's not perfect, but still worth getting on Blu-ray.
No comments:
Post a Comment