Story: 8Action: 7
Acting: 7
FX: 8
Durability: 9
Special Features: 7
Blu-ray: 10
It's no surprise that this set was perfect in Blu-ray format. The original broadcast was in HD on Fox. What's surprising is the quality of a TV series that comes from a network station. I ended up watching the DVD version all the time and never got tired of it. So I raised the durability rating to a 9 from my original review. At 1080p, there are a lot of noticeable details. Naturally, all of the fx shots were very crisp. The work that went into endoskeletons and preserving the intricacies movie version were pretty clear. Dungeons and Dragons, half of which took place in the future was the best fx episode. It's filled with HKs, endos and big explosions.
Most of the actors were Blu-ray ready as well. Many translations end up displaying too much detail, but they were probably prepared on this set because of the HD broadcast. Lena Heady & Summer Glau look especially good. I'm not sure if it's natural or if they have the makeup department to thank.
There are very few TV series I own on DVD that I would re-purchase on Blue-ray, but Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is the best of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment