Saturday, January 31, 2009
Photos & Video
Since this trip was for bereavement, I did not bring along any cameras. Even though I was going to spend time with relatives I rarely see, I didn't want to record the somber events. At first I was surprised that Kathy asked me to take photographs of the event when I asked her what I could help out with. It was the same gut feeling Jeremy had, but in our day and age, it made sense after all. Many of our communications these days are through the Internet and ease of sharing/duplicating electronic files. There were also many relatives that could not make it overseas. So a complete photo & video documentation of the events was necessary. My dad took most of the video, with myself just handling the portions where he was involved in the ceremony. Because of limited battery power and DV tape space, we went through 2 different cameras. Jeremy & Chris are going to do the DVD conversion for the overseas relatives. I took still shots with Kathy's camera, documenting the viewing, eulogies, burial and reception.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment