Friday, January 16, 2009

Armondo's Italian Restaurant

Location: 74-27 37th Ave., Jackson Heights, NY
Cuisine: Italian
Hours: SUN-THU (12pm-11pm); FRI-SAT (12pm-12am)
Phone: (718) 898-0113
Website: www.armondositalianrestaurant.com
Prices: $31/person
Credit Cards: All major

Food: 8
Service: 9
Value: 5
Environment: 7

Frequency: Unique

It was the coldest day of the Winter so far, but most of us made it to the monthly dinner. Armondo's was a nice place to be after running a block over from the train station. It had a nice warm atmosphere typical of Italian restaurants. They did a great job of laying things out in such a small space. The seats were a bit tight, but there was still plenty of walking space between tables.

The service was great. They had 2 waiters tend to our table of 8, making sure drinks were always filled and asking if everything was OK. The owner (I think) made it a point to thank every guest on their way out.

The only thing I would knock this place on is the prices of their specials. Those were $30+ and were just slight variations of some of their standard dishes. Every restaurant does that, so nothing out of the ordinary here... just something to look out for. The other items are somewhat OK, but I've had cheaper (and better) in Manhattan. Their pastas are around $12-15 and their meat dishes about $20.

For more details on the food, please check out the Picasa album. I didn't take as many photos as I usually do because I forgot to charge the camera and it was also too cold outside for a group shot.

No comments: