
Although I haven't spent a lot of physical time with Uncle Vic, I have a pretty good sense of who his is through his actions. He's not a blood relative to me (Auntie Clarita is my Dad's sister), but as my dad mentioned in his eulogy, "Vic is more of a brother than a brother-in-law." He acted just like a blood relative. Whenever we visited the Philippines, it would be him and Uncle Mariano that organized the large family dinners and get-togethers. Every time, I was with my dad's side of the family there, someone would be on the phone asking, "hey Vic, what's the plan?" or "where are we going to eat tonight?" He treated us like his own and I always saw him as an important leader in my family. I associate those dinner gatherings with him and will always remember him for future ones. Uncle Vic displayed his charisma with a gentle, quiet demeanor. He would be the calm one in heated conversations and he didn't have a loud voice, but people listened to him.
I also know Uncle Vic indirectly through my cousins Jeremy & Kathy as we spent a lot of quality time together when they studied on the East coast. They both always reflect their father's calmness and kind-heartedness. I will miss him a lot, but am happy to know that his spirit will live on for generations.
No comments:
Post a Comment