Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pinkberry

Location: 136-09 Roosevelt Ave., Flushing, NY
Cuisine: Korean, Dessert
Hours: SUN-THU (11:30am-11pm); FRI-SAT (11:30am-12am)
Phone: (718) 886-6074
Website: www.pinkberry.com
Prices: About $7 per person
Credit Cards: All major

Food: 7
Service: 8
Value: 6
Environment: 5

Frequency: Unique

I passed by Pinkberry today on the way from the bank and decided to try it out so I could gauge the quality level of Red Mango. I ordered close to the same thing I had at Red Mango last Friday... a small green tea w/ strawberry & kiwi (they didn't have graham crackers). It wasn't too bad, but I would say the yogurt is better at Red Mango and the fruits were also fresher. I will have to try this again another time because Pinkberry offers something that Red Mango doesn't at this time... a coffee flavor.

The service was about the same, but Pinkberry is much more expensive because they charge $.95 per topping. My small with just 2 toppings ended up costing $6.29! The environment is not nearly as comfortable since there really isn't one. The Flushing Pinkberry is really just a counter and 2 tables. It's not meant to be a sit-down restaurant.

Both in Manhattan and Flushing, Pinkberry and Red Mango are located relatively close to each other. Based on taste and price, I would almost always go to Red Mango unless I get a coffee yogurt craving.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

you betta recognize!