Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sultan's Feast

Location: 1000 Boardwalk (@ Virginia Ave.), Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Cuisine: Buffet, American
Phone: (609) 449-1000
Website: www.trumptaj.com
Prices: $22 per person
Credit Cards: All major

Food: 8
Service: 9
Value: 7
Environment: 6

Frequency: Unique

We were all pretty hungry upon arrival, so our stomachs were telling us to go for a buffet. We checked out the one at Resorts first, but it seemed too complicated. They wanted us to pay cash downstairs to get a card and then come back up. I think the purpose of that was basically "click tracking" from a web developer's point of view... at the expense of our time. So we walked over to Taj Mahal next door and paid cash for Sultan's Feast, which looked like it had better food anyway.

It lacked the variety of just about every buffet I've been to in Flushing, Manhattan, Philippines and Las Vegas, but what little choices they had were all very good. There's a station that cooked fresh strip steak to the temperature of your choice. That was definitely my favorite. I also enjoyed the Cajun seasoned swordfish and rotisserie chicken. By contrast, the dessert counter had a lot of variety, made up of different slices of cake, trays of pies, cookies and a custom frozen yogurt station.

The service was excellent and we had more attention than I expected for a self-serve buffet. The decor and cleanliness was a bit worse than most buffets, but not bad.

I'm glad we stopped by this place because during my family's trip, we ended up going for fast food for many of our meals based on time and location.

No comments: