Original Dates: 1989-1993I just picked up the most recent copy of E.G.M. (Electronic Gaming Monthly) and whenever I see that magazine, it brings back memories of E.G.Y. That was the name M2 & I gave it as a sarcastic comment on its delivery time. We both subscribed to it, but would receive our copies sometimes weeks later than the newsstands. We often previewed the issues at our local Electronics Boutique before receiving ours in the mail. Even though it was late, E.G.Y. was our favorite magazine. We would read it over several times and reference it often while playing our TG-16, Genesis & SNES games.
During my college years, my video game play was reduced significantly due to my 24-hour projects. I haven't really been into video games since my freshman year. I had short flings with Gran Turismo 2 and Spyro on Playstation... and then Gran Turismo 3 and Capcom vs. SNK 2 on Playstation 2. So what got my attention today... probably 10 years since my last issue!? Well... it looks like the Street Fighter series is going to make a comeback. I bought it purely for a 13-page article on the loooooooong awaited Street Fighter IV. There's more to come in future posts. I just want this post to give a flashback of E.G.Y. during the Wonder Years!
No comments:
Post a Comment