Saturday, January 19, 2008

About DVDeals

So far I've been posting entries randomly, so I wanted to come up with something I could write on a regular basis. Each week, I check the local circulars for new DVD releases, so I'll give that a shot. Sometime during the weekend, I will post my DVD recommendations for new releases coming out on Tuesdays and any older titles that are on sale for the week.

Life Cycle of a Movie
These days, DVDs get released only a few months after a movie's theatrical showing. DVDs get released every Tuesday, which is the best time to buy them if they are must-haves. From Tuesday through Saturday of the release week, movies will cost around $12-15. The following week, they jump up to the normal price of $17-20. If you wait a little under a year, they drop to discounted prices... $5-12.

No comments: