Saturday, January 26, 2008

Eclipse Evolution (Part 4)

Original Dates: Nov-Dec 2004

2004, the 10-year anniversary marked the rebirth of my Eclipse. I added a turbo kit which basically converted it from a GS to a GST. This upgrade changed almost the entire insides of the car... the entire exhaust system from the throttle body to the muffler was replaced. The front bumper area had to be modified to make room for the intercooler. Along with the power increase, I also had front and rear sway bars added for improved suspension.

After 10 years, most cars should be breaking down, but mine felt like a completely new one. Without the turbo, I felt like I couldn't get the car to do what I wanted at the particular moment. With the turbo, if I want to go a certain speed, I can do it almost instantly. My friend Warren once told me, "once you drive a turbo car, everything else feels like its broken."

No comments: