Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Eclipse Evolution (Part 1)

Original Date: Spring 1994

I'm looking to post some entries about automotive performance, so I'll start by writing a bit about my own experience. This will be a series of flashbacks covering the evolution of my classic '94 Eclipse.

During my sophomore year in the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), I moved out of the dorms and into an apartment. So I needed a car to get around. My Dad's old 80's Chevy Celebrity wasn't going to cut it. It was on its last legs and probably wouldn't have survived a trip to Savannah. It was time for a new vehicle. Back then, I didn't know anything about cars. So my decision to go with the Eclipse was only based on the looks and the large number I saw on the street. I didn't know that I should've gone with the GSX trim, but lucked out and didn't get the base model! Back then I just needed something practical to get around and good looking because I'm an artist and believe that cars should also be sculptures!

No comments: