Despite missing out on Black Friday and having 2-week handicap (vacation), I was able to get all of my Christmas shopping done. It took all the way up to the 24th though! Every year I try to find a good match for each recipient... based on something I pick up over the course of the year during conversations or get-togethers. Some people think that I put too much effort into every little gift, but I work hard to avoid giving out "regiftables." I made the kids' presents (5 total) the first priority when I first though that I wasn't going to complete my shopping in time. Those were mostly based on interests and for the ones I'm less familiar with, I try to find something fun and educational. For the adults' presents this year, I was glad to be able to support a couple of my friend's Online stores while fulfilling gifts for other friends. Another theme to some of my gifts was natural health since I became a follower earlier in the year. As far as celebration, it was simple and sweet this year. I made my "Santa Claus" run from the 21st to the 23rd. That consisted of one last minute snail mail (which made it on time!), a couple of online purchases and drop offs at 2 friends' houses. I spent some time catching up with friends on the 23rd. On Christmas Eve, sister EM, my cousin's family and I met up at my parents' house for dinner, while watching some recent family DVD home videos. It wasn't as festive as years in the past, but still very fun because of the newest member of the family, Wesley, who was born in August of this year. Whenever there's a baby, all the attention is on him/her no matter what holiday it is! Most of Christmas Day was spent reorganizing and cleaning up... much like a Sunday. My sister and I met up at my parents' again for a left-overs dinner, a few NBA games and a movie.
Now it's back to work for a few days and looking forward to an upcoming New Year's weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment