I'm in the middle of editing the wedding video and it feels like I'm attending the wedding for the first time. When I was shooting on December 1, it didn't feel like I was there at the wedding. I was merely working on auto-pilot as I framed each scene with the camera. This happens all the time when I'm filming. I concentrate so much on getting the shot that I'm not actually absorbing the moment (the event) itself. When I actually take everything in while editing, I'm getting a somewhat superhuman experience because I'm seeing the event through the camera's eye. I get more details than the majority of guests sitting in the church because of the zoomed scenes. I get to hear the dialog without the distraction of ambient sound in the room.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Camera's Eye
I'm in the middle of editing the wedding video and it feels like I'm attending the wedding for the first time. When I was shooting on December 1, it didn't feel like I was there at the wedding. I was merely working on auto-pilot as I framed each scene with the camera. This happens all the time when I'm filming. I concentrate so much on getting the shot that I'm not actually absorbing the moment (the event) itself. When I actually take everything in while editing, I'm getting a somewhat superhuman experience because I'm seeing the event through the camera's eye. I get more details than the majority of guests sitting in the church because of the zoomed scenes. I get to hear the dialog without the distraction of ambient sound in the room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment