Monday, November 26, 2007

Razon's of Guagua

Location: Greenhills, San Juan, Philippines
Cuisine: Filipino, Dessert, Fast Food
Prices: About $6 per person

Food: 8
Service: 8
Value: 7
Environment: 6

Frequency: Unique

I had just finished shopping for some local crafts and had some extra time before the next family event. So I4 suggested that I try out the halo halo @ Razon's. I was never a big fan of that dessert, but wanted to try it out because it's a well-known dessert and the best in the Philippines deserves a try. It truly was the best halo halo I've ever had. It had just the right amounts of everything. For those who don't know, halo halo is an iced dessert made up of shaved ice, milk, beans and fruits. Razon's version is less wild and more to my taste. Some people really like loading up their halo halos with everything! The dish ends up looking like a rainbow. Razon's looks appetizing to eat. It's just a white & brown mixture of ingredients, topped with flan.

Service was the typical of Filipino restaurants. The decor was actually pretty nice for a fast food place. It had a nice color scheme (earth tones) to it and that had maps and historic information about the origins of the restaurant and the original village of their food.

No comments: