Monday, November 26, 2007

Élan Café BETA

Location: 49 Annapolis St. Greenhills, San Juan, Philippines
Cuisine: International, Filipino
Phone: (632) 744-7878
Website: www.greenhillselansuites.com
Prices: About $10 per person
Credit Cards: All major

Food: 6
Service: 9
Value: 6
Environment: 10

Frequency: Common

Élan Café is a new establishment located on the ground floor of Greenhills Élan Hotel Modern. Decor and presentation were great. The service, like all places in the Philippines was courteous, but the staff had moments of inexperience. We ordered cold soda without ice. They brought it out with ice-filled glasses. Then we just took the cold cans and used the empty cups at the table. Much later, they brought out more empty glasses for the soda... uh... a little too late?

I only had lunch here for one day of my visit... the day I arrived. I ordered the Signature Cheeseburger (lettuce, tomatoes, gherkins, coleslaw, crispy fried onion rings, fries). It was pretty good and had an original taste to it. The meat was a little on the salty side though. I heard the same from other family members who ordered beef items.

Breakfast was pretty good. I had the breakfas buffet a number of times. It's much different from the prison food continental breakfasts offered in many American hotels. Eggs and pancakes can be ordered in any style. There's a wide assortment of breakfast meats, breads and pastries. I couple of things one has to get used to is that they eat things like hot dogs, hamburger meat and rice for breakfast here in the Philippines. The diet here is highly carniverous!

No comments: