Sunday, July 25, 2010

DVDeals 7/25 - 7/31

Clash of the Titans
I haven't purchased on a DVD Tuesday since Terminator Salvation, which was a while ago, but we finally have a good one coming up this week. Clash of the Titans is scheduled to come out. The Blu-ray version is cheapest at Best Buy and Amazon (if you qualify for free shipping) at $24.99. The DVD format is pretty much the same price everywhere... $16.99. This is one of the rare movies that I would buy without having seen it in the theater.

Batman: Under the Red Hood
This looked like an interesting title especially for comic book fans, but I'm going to pass on it because they didn't get Kevin Conroy to voice Batman, which would feel very strange after he voiced the character for every animated release since Batman the Animated Series. Instead, they got Neil Patrick Harris. I love Doogie Howser, but I just don't think he did a good Batman voice (I watched the trailer). If you're interested, Target and Amazon (if you qualify for free shipping) have the Blu-ray for $19.99. The regular DVD is $12.99 at Best Buy and Target. Target has a 2-disc special edition DVD for $15.99. Best Buy throws in a Red Hood statue if you buy the Blu-ray or 2-disc DVD (which they didn't list a price for).

Best Buy Deals
- Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Blu-ray) for $19.99
- Stargate Universe Season 1.5 for $24.99
- Terminator Salvation (Blu-ray) for $14.99
- Terminator Salvation for $7.99
- Watchmen Director's Cut (Blu-ray) for $14.99

No comments: