Location: Kukulcan Km 11.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Quintana Roo 77500, MexicoPhone: 011 52 998 891 4110
Website: www.wyndham.com
Price: n/a (part of timeshare)
Credit Cards: All major
Rooms: 9
Service: 7
Value: 4
Amenities: 7
Length of Stay: 4 nights
The best hotel room I've ever stayed in has to go to Beach Palace. I expected a typical hotel room, but it was surprisingly spacious, even with 2 full size beds stuffed into it. There was a lot of breathing room between beds and other furniture. The balcony w/ outdoor futon was essentially another bedroom. All furniture and room items were made of high quality material right down to the garbage cans. Only the shower door had a design flaw... there was a large crack that allowed water to get out when the door was closed.
Most of the services were good. The cleaning staff and restaurant workers were hardworking and polite. The front desk was helpful and efficient for the most part, depending on which guy you talked to. Some were a little spacey. Other services were a little annoying, like the pool entertainment. The guy in charge of that was desperately trying to get guests to participate in his lame activities. While I thought the service was good, I don't think it was better than Greenhills Élan Hotel Modern in its 2007 unfinished state.
With the value, I'm a little biased against all-inclusives. It does work out well when you put prices on all of the individual items separately, but when you compare it to services outside of the resort, the all-inclusive will look like a ripoff. I can never give an all-inclusive a rating higher than 4 (5 being average).
The amenities were OK. The in-room jacuzzi, balcony area and huge pool area brought this rating up. The pool area is so large it never really gets crowded even with all the guests at peak hours. The weak points were the small fitness center, TV and phone. The fitness center is no larger than someone's home setup in the basement. It's just tiny in proportion to everything else in the resort. The TV, although HD does not get an HD signal and is an older 720p model. Channels are limited to basics. The phone is unusable as the hotel charged for all calls despite falsely advertising free calls to the US.
No comments:
Post a Comment