I've been using the Centrino laptop with the SSD drive for almost a month now and the boot times are still consistent. This system, which was one of my slowest booting machines is by far the fastest now. Here are some other factors SSD manufacturers advertise.
Weight
I really didn't think this would make a difference because all laptop hard drives are light. When you hold both in your hands, there's not much of a difference. But once it's installed, you'll feel it. The hard drive in my laptop is located at the front left corner. The SSD weighs almost nothing, so I notice it most when the system is folded up and I carry it on my side like a book.
Battery
SSDs are suppose to make a small, but noticeable difference in battery life because there are no moving parts. In my case, there was no difference. The laptop ran for 4 hours under normal use with both the HDD and SSD. Maybe this makes more a difference with newer systems.
So once again... nothing here really makes the laptop blow away the old configuration with the HDD. It was just a nice experiment because I had to see if for myself. I also have a laptop with a virtually unbreakable drive now, so I'm going to make it my repository for any important files I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment