Location: 41-46 College Point Blvd., Flushing, NY 11355
Cuisine: Bakery, Chinese
Hours: SUN-THU (12pm-11pm); FRI-SAT (12pm-12am)
Phone: (718) 886-1888 x14
Website: www.breadaorganic.com
Service: 9
Value: 7
Environment: 8
Frequency: Unique
A couple months ago, my Dad's friend came back from Taiwan and he brought us a bag of multigrain powder drink. We tried it out and all liked it. It became a weekend routine for afternoon snacks. More importantly, it's healthy and a good substitute for that coffee craving. I didn't know where to start looking for this product because the pouch was labeled in Chinese with no translation. I took a shot of it with my camera phone and sent it to Lewis. He directed me to a nice little store on College Point called Bread-A. They're an organic vegetarian bakery & café... a gem in the Flushing area. There aren't too many organic places there.
I checked it out today as our supply of the multigrain drink was down to a few more servings. Sure enough, Bread-A had it. I walked in and my eyes immediately zeroed in on the Chinese characters for 5-grain. The place is small, but I was overwhelmed by the different foods they had to offer. I've never seen so many organic Asian items before! I picked up a can of the powdered drink, which was a different brand, but at least twice the size of the bag from Taiwan. I also got a few of the green tea pastries. We all enjoyed the whole grain bun with green tea flavored filling. I was surprised that my Dad liked it because he usually hates anything healthy, especially wheat and whole grain breads. Maybe the green tea flavor was good enough to make up for it!
Bread-A is a small family business, so naturally, the service was great. It was also clean in contrast to its location in the industrial part of Flushing. I didn't give this place a food rating yet because it would only represent the green tea pastry... a tiny tidbit of what they offer. So I'll definitely check this place out more often.
2 comments:
what's the cross street? i want to go here!
I think it's almost around Sanford... pretty far out.
Post a Comment