Location: 64-13 39th Ave., Woodside, NY 11377Cuisine: Thai
Hours: SUN-TUE & THU-SAT (11:30am-9:30pm); WED (closed)
Phone: (718) 899-9599
Prices: about $20/person
Credit Cards: Cash only
Food: 8
Service: 4
Value: 7
Environment: 8
Frequency: Unique
We all met up this month to celebrate Charlotte & Marites' November Birthdays. This time, we went with SriPraPhai, one of the best Thai restaurants in the city. I got there around 7pm to get a table as the place was packed. They handed out numbers that were displayed on an electronic sign when a spot freed up. We got in at about 7:25, which was perfect timing because Jeff & Ben got out of work late. So everyone was there when they called our number.
The food was great. It's definitely up to par with the Thai restaurants on 9th Avenue. I didn't get to compare my "test" dishes because I was reeled in by their soft-shelled crab offerings, but their coconut rice is the best I've had. I'll even put it above Sentosa's.
The service was pretty bad. Initially, they got 3 out of the 8 orders right. I also ordered an iced coffee that was overwritten my the ice tea order that came after me. The bill was also had to decipher. There were a bunch of note papers written in Thai and the receipt didn't have the item listings on it. When thinking back on this, I'm pretty sure they padded the bill.
The value was good. The individual items were fairly cheap, but one look at their menu will have you ordering many things!
The environment was very nice. They just recently expanded to the space next door, doubling their seating capacity. It was surprisingly pleasant to eat there despite the full house. The restroom was clean and very sanitary. They had an electronic toilet seat cover that changed itself by activating an infrared sensor. I think every restaurant should install one of these.
I'm sure I'll be back at this place again. There are many other things to try out and a good chance for them to improve their service rating. Charlotte said that they're not normally as bad as tonight. It was busy and they had a lot of new staff members.
For more comments and descriptions of the gathering, check out the individual photos I uploaded to Picasa.
No comments:
Post a Comment