Monday, November 17, 2008

Jollibee is COMING SOON!


I mentioned last year, during my Philippines visit that Jollibee probably didn't really break into the American market (except California) because of a difference in taste that may not be appealing to the overseas crowd. I was always surprised that there was no New York location though. Every cuisine seems to find it's place in this diverse city. There's a large Filipino community in Woodside and I always thought Jollibee would also match the Latino tastes.

After dinner at SriPraPhai the other night, Emily & I came across a construction site on the way to the 61st St. station. Jollibee posters were plastered all over the wooden boards covering the building being renovated. That's right... Philippines' #1 fast food chain is finally coming to NY! After 33 years in the business, it's finally happening. Better late than never!


I couldn't find an official opening date announced anywhere, but it seems like late 2008. They already posted available positions (above), so it could be any time now.

No comments: