Monday, October 6, 2008

Mulan

Location: 136-17 39th Ave, Flushing, NY 11354
Cuisine: Chinese
Hours: Daily (11:30am-11pm)
Phone: (718) 88-MULAN
Website: www.mulan-restaurant.com
Prices: about $20/person (3-course lunch)
Credit Cards: All major

Food: 9
Service: 9
Value: 7
Environment: 10

Frequency: Unique

Mulan has been in Flushing, along with it's building, Queens Crossing but for some reason I've never been inside it until today. A friend of my parents took them to this restaurant a couple of weeks ago and they were pretty happy with the results. So I checked it out with them today instead of our usual dim sum runs. Mulan is definitely unique for the Flushing area. It's pricier than the other restaurants around town, but still good for what it offers.


The food was great overall. Not one item was disappointing. At first, I thought the portions were a bit on the small side, but it turned out to be just right for a 3-course meal. For further details on the dishes we ordered, check out the individual photos in the Picasa album.

The environment & decor was amazing. It was comparable to Linden Place, so I gave it a 10. There is a strange thing about the men's room though. It was clean and all, but the location and building materials for the men's stall was very odd. The entrance door lines up with the stall entrance... and the stall door is translucent! I don't think anyone will perform egestion in there!

Service was great as they had plenty of staff for the number of customers around. It's had to judge this on a weekday though. I'd like to see what it would be like under weekend lunch conditions.

No comments: